Friday, September 30, 2011

Assignment#3 Cliches

Alls fair in love and war
Megan Collier
Spetember, 30, 2011
George was alone in the stable when Curley's wife appeared in the doorway. Their eyes locked...
George could not help but think, she is bad to the bone. Although deep down he knew there was no use beating around the bush, she was the bee’s knees. She took a step towards him saying, “I’m bored to tears, if you catch my drift. " George forced himself appear in a manner of business as usual, he was aware her husband was the big cheese. "You caught me off guard," he began, “although I'd love to stay and chew the fat, I'd best be on my way." He had not wanted to give her the cold shoulder. However he also had not wanted to cross the line. "Wait....don't make a fuss, can't we talk?" she asked looking hurt as if he had dealt a fatal blow. For crying out loud George didn't stand a chance. He stared into her eyes and sighed, “I thought you were beautiful from day one." Red flooded into her cheeks and she looked away. Suddenly she exclaimed, "well it took you forever and a day to say, did you have a frog in your throat?" She grinned with a glimmer of hope in her exquisite brown eyes. George could feel a enormous smile stretch across his face as he told her, “believe me, I've been going bananas." Each of them stared in silence, knowing it had been love at first sight. "Well a good man is hard to find," Curley's wife stated, "and Curley isn't that good man." George thought of Curley as the green eyed monster of their love story. "All my life I've had to grin and bear it, but no more. You get Lennie and I'll get Curley's money stash." George’s excitement was now growing; finally he was living his dream. Together George, Lennie and George's wife would live and they would all be happy as clams.

No comments:

Post a Comment